Monday 20 February 2012

Business Cards//Business Card Inspiration//Russian Dolls.




Again, more research for potential design development in terms of my re-brand and self promotion. A couple of weeks ago, when initially considering my new design direction, I considered various factors about myself that would visually communicate and represent not only myself, but also my design direction and focus. One of my major interests and aspirations is travel, and, in particular, European travel, with a deep fascination and love for Eastern Europe and specifically Russia.
As a big fan of Rodchenko-era Graphic Design, I felt that this could be an interesting starting point- looking at typography and perhaps utilising the image of Russian dolls with the idea that "the best things come in little packages" (or short packages, like myself...). 
However, I felt typographically this wasn't necessarily very representative of my existing vector-based, illustrative design- and the idea of the Russian dolls may be perhaps a little too over-used. However, a fun idea to perhaps consider in a design project in the future, but not really relevant to this particular deign conundrum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment