Thursday 14 June 2012

PPD//Studio Visits//Elmwood Email Reply.



Another design studio email reply, today is my lucky day!
I was very fortunate this afternoon to get not one, but two emails through from Leeds- based branding design studio, Elmwood, of whom I was fortunate enough to "meet" two of their designers, Rob and Chris when they came in for a visiting professionals lecture. 

In my first email, from Katy in recruitment, she told me that unfortunately all of the placement opportunities were booked up until September, though if I would like to be considered for some industry experience after this date, then she'd be more than happy to pass on my details, to which I responded, of course, positively, and told her that would be brilliant, and I would be more than happy to send some more current, updated work at a later date.

The second was from Chris, which was a very pleasant surprise- saying that, as I was from a more illustrative background, it would be worth me coming in for a chat about how I can develop my work, and the direction that would be suited for me to go in, which we will hopefully be arranging for sometime in July.

Really pleased that I'll get a chance to talk to Chris, and hopefully learn a little bit more about the studio and branding itself so that I can go on to develop my skills set and interest in this area, and also to see if it's an area of Graphic Design that I could potentially fit into.

No comments:

Post a Comment