Saturday 23 June 2012

PPD//Industry Interview//Pearlfisher.



Yesterday, I took a day trip to London (Hammersmith and Ladbroke Grove), primarily to visit my favourite design studio, Pearlfisher, for a portfolio review and interview that I had previously been invited down to. The night before I had encountered a few problems regarding my portfolio with printing, and the wrong portfolio size being delivered, so, after a mild panic, I decided to simply take down the design sheets and CV... and hope for the best.

After getting slightly lost around Hammersmith, but, true to form, getting there ridiculously early allowed for some leeway in terms of finding my way.

The interview itself was quite short, around twenty minutes, with designers Sophie and Jason, in which I showed them, and talked through my portfolio, and we chatted a little about both my, and the company's background- learning about how the company is run, and some of the perks of the job.

The studio itself looked amazing- with a library and pool table to boot, and, in Brook Green, in a beautiful, quiet area of London, which was really different from my past experiences of life in the city.

I've sent a follow up email this morning saying thank you for the time they offered, and, hopefully, to speak again soon. 

Right now, I'd love nothing more than to work with them. So excited and nervous (in equal measure)!


No comments:

Post a Comment