Saturday 14 January 2012

Work I wish I made myself//MATTY SPENCER.




"Hi, My name is Matty and I am a 21 year old illustrator and graphic designer based in London, UK.

I was born in south London and it has been hugely influencial on my life but I also like to find inspiration in my childhood memories, jazz/soul music and the little random life experiences that I feel I need to share with the world. I believe that illustration is about communicating and connecting with people and I aim to make work which reflects that and appeals to a global audience. 

I illustrate digitally using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and make work that expresses my ideas in a clean and concise way, while communicating as much information as possible. My dream is to be a successful illustrator/designer creating work for some of the best creative publications around and being able to enjoy working in a profession that I love and am extremely passionate about. 

I have a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design and a Certificate of Higher Education in Illustration from the University of Westminster. This website acts as my online portfolio and is constantly updated with my latest creative projects. I am currently available to accept freelance illustration work so please get in touch if you are looking to hire an illustrator. 

Thank you"

***


Whilst searching for portfolio inspiration online, I came across Matty Spencer's work and was completely enthralled- I love his nerd-chic, illustrative style which combines bold vector imagery with bold colour palettes and (ocassionally) repeat-pattern prints to great effect. I would really love to learn how to use Illustrator, and illustration one the whole, as well as he does, and be able to apply it effectively throughout my design practice- something I'm going to really try to pick up on and develop throughout the rest of the academic year before embarking on the last two modules (one being FMP) of my third year on the BAGD course.
 
"Neon Blocks
A  building block pattern design from a series of illustrations inspired by my childhood toys. I originally created this pattern to be used as a wrapping paper design."

No comments:

Post a Comment