Thursday 3 November 2011

New Job//Printmaking Teaching Assistant at Leeds College of Art.


Today I started my new job as a teaching assistant for the after school 14-16 year old printmaking session, held at the Leeds College of Art Blenheim Walk building. 

Intially slightly daunted at the prospect of having to, at very least, act confident about what I was doing (although not having done any "art" print work since college...),  I actually really enjoyed myself. Working with Gareth and Diane from print was great- really easy to get on with, and reassured me that I did a good job, which is always a cherry on top.

In this first session, I assisted students with heat transfer (disperse dyes) and particularly lino cutting- even making my own ampersand stamp as a homage to the Graphic Design course I boasted about so much (honest... even convinced a student she needs to enrol- look forward to seeing her in two years!).

Really good start and a great opportunity to develop my CV and practical work experience, looking forward to the following weeks- Thursdays 5- 7.30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment