Sunday 27 November 2011

Enterprise Task V Research//Craft Fairs.



In December 2011, I was lucky enough to be invited along to sell at two craft fairs- the first, a two-day weekend event 'Reetsweet', held in Leeds' Reetsweet Corn Exchange, and the second (two weeks later), The Wizarding Winter Fair (a Harry Potter theme- where my Harry Potter-themed birthday cards seemed to go down a treat, yay!), which was held in the Maccelsfield Central Library.

Overall, I really enjoyed the two events, and it gave me a great insight into just how much work needs to be done in preparation for a fair- but, also, the advantages it can bring- both through networking and financial gain. For me, more than anything, it was a great opportunity to experience what life may be like after graduation as I hopefully immerse myself straight into Freelance work- of which craft fairs are a 
reasonably common occurrence.

For 2012, I aim to work at many more fairs throughout the year- my first booked being the Reetsweet Valentine Fair at the Leeds Corn Exchange on 11th February.

No comments:

Post a Comment