Tuesday 1 November 2011

French Lessons.


Yesterday evening I started my first French lesson (well...since school) at LCA. I decided to start the six-week course to "refresh" my French. Although I loved studying it at school and as a child (when I spent a great deal of time in France) I felt a little rusty. 
Also, most importantly, I wanted to learn in order to improve my conversational French- aspiring to get a design placement in Belgium over the summer. Aside from the UK, places I would like to (and would strong consider living in) work include Belgium, France and Switzerland- so it covers all bases!








Through the lesson we covered a wide variation of subjects- basic conversation and introductions, the alphabet, countries, basic masculine/feminine tense in introductions... and even a game of hangman. All work will be documented on my PPD blog from this point, and kept filed for each session, along with any necessary coursework from the sessions (see the image directly above for this week's task!) 
I'm really pleased with the amount that we managed to cover in the two hour session- now just ten more hours to go! Although I was able to understand all that was taught this session, it was really great to get the chance to go over it again- not having spoken French in such quantities for at least three or four years (since school), and a good opportunity to perfect my French accent for any telephone conversations that may arise with potential work experience. It was also a great opportunity to meet new people from across courses in a small, focused environment. The tutor, (Swiss-French) Cecilia was really great (and also an Art & Design Interdisciplinary student too) was great- really patient and helpful. Already I'm really glad I decided to take part, more to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment