Sunday 27 November 2011

Enterprise Task V Research//Collaborations.


Aspiring to work as a Freelance Designer, I consider collaborations to be a very important part of my individual design practice- not only to provide company and support from what is generally referred to as quite a lonely/isolated design path, but also as an opportunity to network with other design professionals as well as to learn more from the work of others, and hopefully expand my own design outcomes more creatively.
One of my favourite existing examples is the simple collaboration between illustrators and animators Julia Pott, Anke Weckmann and Stuart Kolakovic for handmade and vintage global online store 'Etsy'- a sweet, merry "bumper" for the festive season- throughout the next few months, in my own "free time" outside of University I will be aiming to actively seek more connections and networks, with the aspiration for possible future collaborations with fellow designers- already in talks with a Gloucester-based Graphic Designer (whom I have previously worked with) in producing photographic portraits for her magazine 'Trigger', which I really look forward to in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment