Sunday 23 October 2011

TASK III//HOW WILL I PROMOTE MYSELF?//TASK.

TASK III//HOW WILL I PROMOTE MYSELF?
MARKETING COMMUNICATION MIX//THE 'PLACE':
Advertising/Public Relations/Direct Marketing/E-Marketing/Personal Selling/Exhibitions/Sales Promotions

TASK III RESPONSE//HOW WILL I PROMOTE MYSELF?


Aspiring to work in Freelance Graphic Design/Illustration, promotion and marketing of both myself and my product(s) are particularly essential to ensure a healthy standard of living- notably, meeting, if not exceeding, the living wage.

Working for both independent clients and creating design work to sell from my own personal practice requires a wide range of versatile marketing and communication strategies, as well as a prime living location for access to brand clients (largely based in cities) and a suitable target market and audience for my products (youthful, disposable income, art and design loving clientele, etc).

For my specific style of products, such as greeting cards, zines, and printed media such as totes, t-shirts and surface pattern prints, one of the most suited markets is that of trade fairs and craft exhibitions- where like-minded stall owners will sell their wares, and be promoted to a wide range of persons within a city environment, to encourage high traffic, and even higher sales.
Whilst craft fairs and specific arts exhibitions will be a good source of income, it will also be important to maintain an online presence to ensure that my work is seen across countries, and not just counties. Networking platforms and online accessibility to my products through sites such as Big Cartel, Etsy, Flickr, Facebook, Tumblr and Cargo (free online website publishers) will communicate my ease and readiness to correspond with potential clients and buyers- as well as receiving the highest possible stats, along with viewing and buying traffic.


No comments:

Post a Comment