Wednesday 26 October 2011

Studio Visit//Studio MikMik/The Archipelago.


Recently, (within the past week) I sent an email requesting a potential studio visit to a design studio, Studio MikMik, in Saltaire, Leeds. The Graphic Design/Illustration studio sounded very "me"- with a keen interest in printed illustrative design, along with environmental and ethical practice.
This morning, I received a reply from Mike Lewis at Studio MikMik, and (clearly me not reading the small print properly) not realising that Studio MikMik was in fact an independent freelance venture. However, I was invited to "keep an eye out" for Mike's new collaborative studio, The Archipelago, for which he hopes to have a studio home in 2012. A great website with some really interesting clients and work already, definitely one to keep an eye out for- potentially even for an industrial placement. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully helpful post! Thanks for the publishing, I really love your creativity!

    Sample Analysis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, thank you- you should definitely check out the studio, they do great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete