Sunday 11 March 2012

PPD//Branding//Design Inspiration.




Once again, looking at more existing branding and self promotion designs in preparation for starting to create my own designs for my ~Graphic Design brand~ in the PPD session(s) this week. I already have an existing brand design, though it is rather weak, and not something I would be happy to continue using- so new ideas and concepts are a must, and I have begun extensively reseaching existing designs for branding and identity design with important factors such as colour, logo design, type, stock and variety of products (stationary) in their self promotion to consider.

The sophiticated, considered use of stock and type work wonderfully for the macron patiserrie's branding (above) as the level of visual delicacy and sophistication is kept consistent and considered. Elegant, clean, crisp 
and simple.


Love the bold choice of colour and vector imagery used in this design (the colour wheel reminds me of my recent designs for my Image brief, 'Yellow & the psychology of colour', which can be found on my Design Practice blog). As a big fan of colour and colour theory, I certainly want to incorporate it into my designs and branding in a very visual, high-impact way- yellow is a definite consideration (see my previous design experiments on my Personal & the professional development blog for a closer look at existing experimentation...)


An old favourite, the monochrome, script based logo for the Ambrose Hotel identity is high-impact, sophisticated, contemporary and clean. Love the duplex and reverse printed envelopes and business cards too. Great attention to detail in their print finishes- small details which can make the brand and identity really stand out.


I do quite love the vintage- esque hipster feel to this barber shop branding which is bold, eye-catching and very visually communicative. Very edgy, very contemporary, and very cool.


The self promotional branding by/for designer Frances May (image shown above) is very simple, yet very effective. The playful use of type and considered layout works very well in terms of visual communication, minimalism and showcasing her sense of humour very effectively. Really fun and works across a wide range of media with ease.


I simply love the colours used in this branding design- bold, bright, eye-catching, and working wonderfully in contrast with the stark, bright white of the various stocks and over a range of printing methods (digital and pad printing, to name a few). The geometric shapes also give the design a contemporary and youthful character which communicates an energy and vitality of the brand well.


Love the reversed out pattern design on the reverse print for the Hollerholm branding and identity, on what I assume would be considerably weighty stock. Really simple, again, but sophisticated- definitely giving me a clear direction and example of my own taste in branding and identity design- but, to reflect my own work, I definitely think I'll need something a little bit more playful and fun- however beautifully sophisticated this branding (and many others on the post) may be.


Very simple, clean and crisp- great design! Showing the effectiveness of flooding and reversing out type, along with various other print finishes such as spot varnishing. Sophisticated and mature- very smart design.


Another old favourite, the 'This is my' branding is bold, simple, but very innovative. Finding a tag line like this works so well across a range of media and products and is really timeless. Very creative- a great example of conceptual minimalism at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment