Monday 12 March 2012

PPD//Self promotion & branding.



Quick blog post for the day! 
This evening, I returned to some branding work I had previously been working on for myself before becoming disheartened with it and disregarding it. This time, considering incorporating the yellow colour wheel that I had previously designed for the cover of my Image module Book Works brief publication, 'Yellow & the psychology of colour' (which can be found on my Design Practice blog)- and therefore changing the spot colour that is used throughout from the mid yellow to the "sunshine yellow" #FAE037. Although this example is incredibly crude- it's definitely worth considering as a "concept" (though not a very innovative one)- as it visually represents my love of colour and printed design, with the strong vector-based infographic style that I am more recently working too, and enjoying.
The prospect of starting the real push towards our branding design tomorrow in the PPD session, frankly, makes me want to hide. I know it's something I'm not good at, and get frustrated at easily because I feel it's a weakness.
Going to play 'Eye of the Tiger' before I go into Uni tomorrow to get myself reved up for the challenge ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment