Tuesday 19 February 2013

Personal Development III//Design Submission to To Dry For.



Really excited today to have been forwarded an email through from staff at the University (always a great privilege to get all the work done for you...!) for a design competition from tea towel producers, 'To Dry For', which sell unique and beautifully illustrated tea towel designs for contemporary homes.

During the end of the first year, whilst working on developing a nutritional design project, I used To Dry For as a contextual source of inspiration as I went on to develop my own tea towel designs, and have been a great fan of them ever since, selling work of designers I also really admire and first got me into designing, such as Julia Pott, Gemma Correll and Rob Ryan.

I've submitted with a sweet but simple typographic design (seen above), playing on the food themes that are quite consistent in their retail portfolio, as well as mixing up the colours to represent neopolitan ice cream for a fun splash of colour, but, again, keeping it quite simple to be easily, and commercially screenprinted.

Really pleased to submit, even if they just become familiar with my work and practice, which could potentially lead on to a working relationship at a later point in my freelance career.

No comments:

Post a Comment