Sunday 10 February 2013

Personal Development III//Portfolio To - Do.


After two portfolio reviews from the past couple of weeks (and an edit in - between), the first with Ben Haworth of The Beautiful Meme, and the second with Tayburn in Edinburgh, I feel as though I have been given some really constructive and useful advice and feedback as I move forward with my project and design development, and, hopefully, to create the best possible portfolio outcome as I graduate and seek employment over the next few months.

Written below are important notes and a portfolio 'to do' list before graduation.

-

NOTES

* Contextualise all work - especially logos.
* Design a Day is an unnecessary project to include.
* Show photography is context. Clearly skilled (composition / appreciation for colour) - demonstrate all most effectively.
* Around 10 briefs would be best.
* Work on the photographing / photoshopping of my work for presentation.
* Think about the "bigger picture" of my concepts. Brand logos aren't the "be all and end all".
* Take out 'Write About Love' brief (logo issue... argh).
* Showcase Jessie's photography in her brief outcomes more effectively.

* Take out Wes Anderson brief - not necessarily ambitious enough / too personal.
* Bring separate folder for tactile print materials, no to- ing and fro- ing with pages.
* Take out all portfolio pages not needed.
* Showcase my developing interest in type and editorial design throughout a project in my portfolio.
* Start portfolio with a WOW... with a really bold and high - impact project.
* Don't excuse myself or projects (revealing when the projects were carried out, etc.)
* Tell a story when presenting my brief - the journey of the design and how the deliverables came to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment