Friday 30 September 2011

Enterprise Task 1//Who am I- Who are they?


Task 1- Who am I- Who are they?
TASK

CLIENT GROUPS

Food & Health
Health and Beauty
Music 
Retail
Medical/Pharmacuetical
Publishing
Education
Leisure Industry
Sales & Marketing
Tourism
Charity
Technology 
Art & Design



The industry within Graphic Design that I would be particularly interested in working within is Publishing. Although my interests and experimentation in past design have transcended many fields, I feel that Publishing and Editorial is best suited to my work, ambitions, and style of design.

For me, publishing has always been a passion- a love for books and printed media instilled with me since childhood, it’s always been something I knew I wanted to be a part of, and have perused this with great interest. In the summer of 2011, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to work at The National Magazine Company for a day- and the confidence this gave me has lead me to contact more magazine and publishing houses with the hopes of an internship or work experience in the coming months. With skills in Illustration and print, I could bring a great deal to such companies- working either freelance or as an in-house designer. The idea of working on a broad range of projects every day appeals to me- as this would fast-paced industry would provide- with a secure, and more than adequate salary to compliment the effort exhued.

Another appealing factor is the opportunity to work globally- wherever you are in the world, Publishers will be needed- it’s an inspiring thought.
To work in the public media is my true ambition- a keen networker and promoter of both my own work and other craft events- getting my work into the “seen” is the ultimate goal- and I aim to get there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment