Thursday 22 September 2011

OUGD201 Design Production/Print- My concept, and what I want to achieve.



Reflecting upon my concept, and what I intend to achieve.

From polls and questionnaires, I have found that Wes Anderson, himself, and his films have a great split when it comes to the knowledge of them both. Some people, like myself, are majorly fanatical about him and his work, whereas many have never heard of him, or seen his films. I intend to bridge this gap.

What I aspire to do is to create a info graphic-inspired exhibition/retrospective of Wes' work- (perhaps a hyperthetical proposal, dependent on time and cost constraints) informing people about him, what he does, and his films. I hope to inform, educate, and persuade. In order to create a more varied and experiemental body of work throughout this print-based  project, with promotional material such as tickets, posters, flyers, and mailshots, an exhibition guide and presentation book, etc.



My target audience will be adults, and film fans. Due to the ratings of Wes' films (usually 15, PG in case of 'Fantastic Mr. Fox') some adult content instantly puts the concept into a more mature market. I intend to create slick, art house-style design which will reflect the sophistication of Wes' work.


In the next week or two, all research and devlopment work will be inspired by my ambitions for the outcomes and deliverables of the project, and can be found on my Design Context blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment