Monday 26 September 2011

OUGD201 Design Production/Print- RATIONALE.


BRIEF//STATEMENT
OUGD201- Design Production/Print- Good Is...?
Promote and Educate the films of Wes Anderson


GOOD IS... THE FILMS OF WES ANDERSON


BACKGROUND

Based upon my preparatory research and summer presentation, I will develop the background and source material to develop a theoretical information graphics exhibit retrospective of the films of Wes Anderson, along with printed media to help promote, educate and persuade film lovers about the films in question.



AIMS

I will create vinyl wall graphics to mock up in a museum/gallery environment- printed type and narrative, way finding and info graphics media. I also intend to produce printed media to promote the event such as posters, mailshots and printed tickets.


AUDIENCE

Due to the more adult nature and context of some of the Wes Anderson films, I naturally have a more mature audience. Therefore, I intend to design my project for an older age range, yet still creating a fun, exciting and visually communicative environment in order to inform, educate, persuade and promote both Wes Anderson and his films. I will particularly aim my designs at film and design lovers- combining the factors and giving evidence of both cinematic and design detail achievements within his films.



MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS

To build a substantial and contemporary body of research from both primary and secondary sources related to Wes Anderson- information about himself (biographical) and his films through various means.
Research printed media to develop a portfolio of inspiration to create my own designs from for my final outcomes.


DELIVERABLES

Evidence of systematic and organised research and development material posted to my design practice blog.
Ongoing self evaluation posted to my Design Practice blog. 

PDF artwork of all final proposals and mocked- up pieces or "photoshopped" contextualisation where appropriate.

5 x Presentation boards demonstrating the practical and conceptual development and resolution of the brief.



DEADLINE
Studio Deadline: 19/10/2011
Module Deadline: 21/11/2012


No comments:

Post a Comment