Monday 12 November 2012

Professional Development III//Placement at Qubik.




On Friday I was lucky enough to be able to spend the day working alongside Graphic Designer, Joe Gilmore, of Qubik, in his home studio assisting him with work on editorial design for a magazine.

I had a really great day working in the very calm, and friendly home environment in which his lovely wife and one year old daughter would often pop up in during the day, as well as Richard from Pressision print, whom I had contacted in regards to organising a visit earlier in the year, but hadn't had an opportunity to talk to properly yet, so that was a great piece of luck that Joe was expecting a publication delivery that same day.

I had a great time working on something completely different from the usual work in my design portfolio and practice, and feel as though I've already learnt a great deal (who knew what a Colophon was?) and have got some great inspiration for my own developments throughout Design Practice III (particularly the magazine/portfolio for Jessie Leong Photography- see my Design Practice blog for design developments) which I'm really excited to try and execute over the next couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment