Monday 23 May 2011

InDesign Project Evaluation.



Overall, I feel quite happy with the progress I have made through the InDesign and type and grid workshops throughout this module. 
Before I joined the course, I had rarely considered the type and layout of a magazine or publication, let alone designed and structured one for myself, so this was a great oppurtunity to be "lead blind" into a project, and try to make the most out of every tutor session and online tutorial advice, to ensure that I could achieve the best possible results from little or no knowledge of the software.

In my final design, I have been a lot more experimental with my layout, composition and imagery than I have previously been- even a few weeks ago, in my initial design, it is amazing to see the progression and the development of my work, and I'm really pleased to see how much affect such a short amount of time can have. 

Although, with more time, there are certainly points I could improve upon, I am reasonably pleased with my final design- using an eight-column grid helped to give my design enough flexibility without being messy or illegible.

I am also very glad that I have been able to encorporate a personal interest, portraiture photography in the design, spending the time to photograph Beth in the mezzanine with studio lighting was certainly worth the effort and time spent, as I feel it gives the design a far higher-quality aesthetic, and with a bold, sophisticated backdrop colour which works well with the reversed-out type.

Although motivation hasn't always been necessarily easy to find through the InDesign project, once I had got started with my designs, and the experimentation of combinations of type and colours, etc, I really got into the process, and found it very fun and stimulating- InDesign now is certainly a programme to which I shall apply all my future design work- I don't know how I made it this far without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment