Monday 16 May 2011

Creative Writing Elective Feedback.


On Friday afternoon, I received my results and feedback from my Creative Writing Elective. With a 2:1 at 61%, I felt that my grade was reasonable, though I couldn't help to feel a little disappointed with the grade also. Being the lowest grade I have received through the duration of the course so far, it has slightly affected my perception of ability- and considerations as to whether the literature design path is necessarily the right one for me- having tried, and really pushed myself to achieve the best result possible. 

Through the course, I was certainly most pleased with my final story piece "Little Light', in which I used nuances, imagery and dialogue in an experimentational and new way for myself- in this aspect, I felt that I got something valuable from the course- pushing myself, as well as learning many new methods, techniques, and approaches to writing.

Although, as aforementioned, it was by no means a terrible grade, my Creative Writing, being a possible career consideration has made me re-evaluate my future prospects. Yet, on the up-side, it has given me assurance that Graphic Design IS the right place for me- and if I put the level of research, enthusiasm and determination into my practice, hopefully my progress and development with continue to increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment