Saturday 12 February 2011

End of Module Self-Evaluation: ougd102


1. WHAT SKILLS HAVE YOU DEVELOPED THROUGH THIS MODULE AND HOW EFFECTIVELY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE APPLIED THEM?
I sincerely feel that I have learnt so much throughout this project- not only software and practical skills, but important, enriching skills to use in every day life- time management, comitment, motivation.

Though it was undoubtedly frustrating and a little dis-heartening at the late stage in the Collection 100 project, in hindsight, I am really glad that I was in a situation where I had to re-design my work- this way, I could take the step back that I know I so vitally needed to assess my effectiveness of my product and develop my visual language skills. This has really encouraged me to work very hard, especially in the past two weeks, to produce a portfolio of work that I can be proud to have assessed.
2. WHAT APPROACHES TO/METHODS OF RESEARCH HAVE YOU DEVELOPED AND HOW HAVE THEY INFORMED YOUR DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PROCESS?
I have developed many areas of research- in marketing, reading, and practical work. I particularly feel that I have been far more practical and hands-on in this module that through previous ones- really experimenting to see if a design works, constructing and printing for a true visual and tactile representation- as oppossed to a conceptual one.
3. WHAT STRENGTHS CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HAVE/WILL YOU CAPITALISE ON THESE?

As time has passed throughout this project, I have felt increasingly more confident in applying software skills to my work (Illustrator, in particular), and have really enjoyed the various workshops that have been included in this module (moving image and book making, for example).
Whereas I have always found a home in crafting, digital arts as a practice is reasonably new to me, so I would really love to develop this further and to use all the knowledge I am gaining in future projects, and personal ones.

4. WHAT WEAKNESSES CAN YOU IDNENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW WILL YOU ADDRESS THESE MORE FULLY?

I think one of my main weaknesses is not identifying a design solution as quickly as I could-often having to start afresh to find a source of inspiration after a design idea has failed- with experimenting and developing design ideas more frequently, I know that I will be able to overcome (or, at very least, minimise) this issue- which could also be helped by brainstorming and researching more fluidly.
5. IDENTIFY FIVE THINGS THAT YOU WILL DO DEFFERENTLY NEXT TIME AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO GAIN FROM DOING THESE?

-generate more ideas at the start of the project- stop becoming infatuted with one idea! shop around and broaden my design horizons.
-be more organised- create a "to-do list" every other day (at least)
-never put a pen down- constanltly doodle, generate ideas.
-be more experimental when designing-mix mediums and stocks.
-research design more- reading, online sources, etc.

6. HOW WOULD YOU GRADE YOURSELF ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
5=EXCELLENT, 4=VERY GOOD, 3=GOOD, 2=AVERAGE, 1= POOR.

ATTEDANCE= 4
PUNCTUALITY= 4
MOTIVATION= 4
COMMITMENT= 4
QUANTITY OF WORK PRODUCED= 3
QUALITY OF WORK PRODUCED= 3
CONTRIBUTION TO THE GROUP= 3

No comments:

Post a Comment