Wednesday 26 January 2011

Commisioned Photoshoot.



On Tuesday 18th January 2011, I was asked by the marketing team based at my University to partake in a photoshoot to create a couple of promotional images to celebrate the fund raising that BA (Hons) student Hannah had promoted by auctioned a coat which she designed and hand-crafted. 

As a student ambassador with a keen interest in photography, I happily took the oppurtunity to experiment with my hobby, and perhaps gain a little knowledge and experience- as well as hopefully benefiting Hannah and the marketing team too.

I would say that the experience was...mixed. There were many unavoidable, yet unforseen troubles in regards to lighting, relfections and the dullness of photographs due to the location they were requested to be taken in, and there were only a small handful that I would necessarily have used. However, if was a fun experience to work with someone new and completely unknown to me (the model Kate was wonderful, and clearly a natural!), and I would certainly like to partake in a venture like this again, if I were required, as it has given me further insight and an even greater thirst to persue this particular field of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment