Friday 21 January 2011

Time Management: Feedback and Response.


In today's time mangament lesson, we discussed our week and how we had spent it- how we used time constructively, and how we wasted it.

I found the task really interesting, and was surprised by my records- especially the amount I sleep...I swear I'm not normally THAT lazy...

Topics we discussed included...

PLANNING

*set goals
*break down a job into individual tasks
*schedule tasks
*recognise time required to plan
*label priorities 'A' and others 'B'- do all the 'A's' first
*Leave the fun things until last
*REWARD YOURSELF


WHAT YOU CAN GAIN FROM MANAGING YOUR TIME WELL...

*happiness
*completion of tasks
*relief!
*more time for recreation
*wellbeing
*organisation
*more naps!


Hints and Tips:

*Be realistic- learn what your potential is. If anything will take 5 minutes- do it immediately
*Make self-imposed deadlines feel real- use others to structure your time
*Take breaks, avoid disctractionns, know the difference
*Working environment- what suits you?
*Restrict workspace to one project at a time


LONG TERM GOALS

-WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE BY THE END OF THIS COURSE?
I would like to be confident and comfortable in my own abilities- feeling that I have more of a directional style, and the ability to apply it to various medias, as well as promoting it to the very best of my ability.

-DO YOU WANT TO RUN YOUR OWN PRACTICE/BUSINESS?
I would love to work freelance- I love the possibilities it can open up, and the sense of freedom.
So many people I know around me tell me to be wary of it, or avoid it all together- "it's not a steady source of income- you might not get work for a long time"...i like a challenge.

-WHAT IS YOUR IDEAL JOB?
Right now, I want to be a children's book author and illustrator. That's what I've wanted to do for most of my life, but then again i've wanted to be a neurologist and a beekeeper too, so I'm flexible.

-DO YOU WANT TO WORK IN THIS COUNTRY OR ABROAD?
There's no place like home, but home is where the heart is. I'd love to stay in this country, but I'll go to wherever my heart and mind tell me I should be jetting off to.

-WHAT SPECIFIC INTERESTS ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU?
There are so many practices, and even day-to-day activities which are hugely important and influentual on my every day life. Love, laughter, childhood reminising- they are all a huge inspiration. I want to feel content with what I'm doing each day, no matter what it is.
Right now, that's illustration and photography...but ask me again in three years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment