Friday 15 October 2010

design principles for the 'how to' project.


Here's my project rationale for our first 'How To' project...goodbye blog continuity, hello mess!

Today, we launched off on our first level 04 project, entitled "How To" in which we were assigned groups to create graphic resolution to a particular problem that we as students face.

In a group with Yafet Bisrat, Simon Cherry, Will Cotterill, and Stephanie Lawson, we were chosen the "problem" of "missing home" to solve through the aforementioned fashion.

After brainstorming several resolutions and potential outcomes, we were asked to select three and record these on sheets of paper, as shown below:


(hmm, really should start taking more care of my sheets...)



Our fate was then placed in another group within our year base, and I was delighted when they chose the first option (tote bag design) as the graphic resolution we should create.

Within our group, we intend to create the previously mentioned solution to homesickness, and therefore, we have decided to each design a tote bag within a certain theme to either give a nostalgic, wistful and warming memory of home, or the optimistic and high-sprited oppurtunity for a fresh start, and new beginnings, such as a new found independence and experiences.

I am very pleased to be designed a tote bag in the theme of home-baking, (my speciality!) reflecting the home comfort that so many of us have been privaleged to experience.

I hope to encorporate text and hand-rendered illustration for my designs, which I shall go on to create both tonight and throughout tomorrow, and which I hope to present on my blog shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment