Thursday 7 March 2013

Personal Development III//Self Promotion & Portfolio Talk




This afternoon I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity, having been approached by the FE to HE department, to go down to the Art & Design Access Students at the Leeds College of Art college campus to talk about my portfolio and methods of self promotion to consider if pursuing a degree or career in Graphic Design. 

It was really flattering to have been asked to go along (and even better to have got paid for it...) to showcase my portfolio, discuss my work, and give advice to the Access group, as well as answering questions they had and talking about my work in general, and, overall, it felt like a really rewarding experience, and something to really enjoy.

This has also opened up the offer from the department to work on some of the printed materials for the promotion of FE to HE work and working with schools in the community to promote the college once I've left Uni which would be something really exciting to do, and a great asset to my commercial design portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment