Saturday 2 March 2013

Personal Development III//Job Interview at Elle Decoration.




On Thursday I went down to London for my job interview for the position of Junior Designer at Elle Decoration magazine. Travelling down early in the morning for a late afternoon interview gave me a great opportunity to also visit the area, around Oxford Circus and Carnaby Street, visiting stores such as Liberty and Burberry for inspiration, also, taking advantage of the rare opportunity I get to go to the capital.

The interview itself, I think, went quite well, meeting the Art Director was a great experience, and it was great to hear some of his opinions, background, and particular interest he has in the development of the magazine. Yesterday I was sent a task by the design team of redesigning a couple of spreads within the magazine, as well as sourcing some design of my own taste/concepts behind the design direction and content for the magazine, to get more of a feel for what I could bring to the design development. I'm really excited to get started, and although in for Monday, it will be no mean feat, hopefully I can make a really positive impression and showcase my capabilities to the highest standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment