Monday 10 September 2012

Summer 2012//Studio Visit//Precept.




On Wednesday of last week, I spent my lunch break from my work placement at Precept, a multi-disciplinary design studio just outside of Newcastle city centre, having kindly been dropped off and picked up by Rachel at Founded.

After previously contacting the Creative Director, Nick, about the potential of a studio visit or working placement, I was put in touch with Studio Manager, Adam, who was covering for Nick, who was on holiday (lucky, lucky!) in Florida. I also met with Andy, who is currently running the internship scheme, and had the opportunity to see their wonderful studio in the converted Kingsland Church Studios (originally renovated by Photographer Alex Telfer), and to show them a brief portfolio of my work, as well as some of the work I had been doing whilst at my two placements in Newcastle/Gateshead.

I was really delighted that Adam and Andy seemed keen about my work, and I later received an email asking me to go up to Newcastle for an initial two-week placement with the possibility of extending, as well as working on some long-distance briefs with them before this time, which could be a really new, and exciting experience, as I dip my toe into the working design world. 

After a chat with the tutors when I return to Uni, and finding out what my working timetable is, hopefully I'll be able to give Adam a few more details and arrange something a little more solid and structured in terms of which time of the year would be most appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment