Friday 16 December 2011

Wizarding Winter Fair//Macclesfield Craft Fair 2011.



On Friday 16th December, I travelled down from the end of term of University at Leeds to Maccelsfield public library for The Wizarding Winter Fair- a Harry Potter-themed arts and music tribute event, which I was asked about through my Etsy store, when one of the organisers, Laura Crow, spotted the Harry Potter cards and bookmarks I sold within my online shop.

Very tired travelling down with all my belongings for the holiday break, along with sale stock, I didn't feel as prepared as I could have been- and a little short on stock (having rushed up some more designs in the past twenty-four hours- Uni gives me limited time for outside work!)- but with my lovely Mum meeting me half way in Macclesfield (between Uni at Leeds and home in Shropshire) and a trusted Innocent Smoothie by my side- I was really pleased with the feedback and sales- matching my day at Reetsweet (Sunday) in just three hours- yay.

For me, the fair, all in all, wasn't ideal- it was a tiny room, poorly sign posted and a little dated for my liking- though the people were friendly and enthusiastic- so I shouldn't complain too much! Sales were good, but it did prove quite a challenge to get there considering my luggage, train journey, poor winter weather, etc. Definitely a learning curve- but, again, I still made money (horray!)- I think I've just been spoilt with the amazingness of Reetsweet! Still, a great experience- my second craft fair, done! Hopefully, there will be many more to come!


- Pictures above taken by organisers at the Wizarding Winter Fair- please ignore my grimace "I hate my picture being taken" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment