Sunday 4 December 2011

Reetsweet Christmas Fair Weekend.



Photographs taken from this weekend's Reetsweet Craft Fair (at The Corn Exchange, Leeds City Centre) where I was fortunate enough to be given my own stall to sell my design work- my very first craft fair!- (that I have made throughout my time at Uni, as well as my spare time, and sell online- mostly through my Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sophiewilsondesign?ref=si_shop). Unfortunately I forgot my camera on Saturday- the first day of the weekend's sales, so the pictures above don't show the full extent of my stock (around half)- unable to restock in the evening before the second day. 
I was really pleased I got to be part of such a great event- it was hugely busy (thank you Christmas!) and I generated the same amount of income in the first day that I would usually bring in over the space of a month through online sales! Horray. Great opportunity to network and talk to the other stall owners too- finding out that I (at 19) am the youngest person ever to have a stall at Reetsweet!

Highlights of the weekend:

1//Talking to lovely people, networking- getting a chance to be "seen".
2//Selling two pieces of work to Uni tutors- thanks Amber and Jane!
3//Meeting personal hero, Culture Show Presenter and Guardian Architectural Journalist, Tom Dyckhoff (I went all fangirly and nerdy).
4// Making money! (All to go on printing for another craft fair in two weeks time...!)
5// Getting a bulk order of £100 worth of stock to sell at the Testspace Leeds Corn Exchange Pop Up Shop until 23rd December.

Good times! Now... to work through that massive mound of Uni work...

No comments:

Post a Comment