Friday 19 November 2010

No News Is Good News: Message and Delivery Final Design.


Here, I scanned one of the envelopes I previously constructed and traced it into a vector design for an Illustrator template for my designs- simple, economical.


After placing the elements of my envelope design in situe, I intially had some difficulty entering anchor points to delete certain lines (so that they wouldn't be visable in print). Therefore, I deleted all the lines with the intention of tracing the outline once printed from my pre-constructed paper envelopes.
However, after printing I realised how difficult this would be to align accurately, and decided to attempt to work my way around this problem...


My design placed in the correct envelope situe with lines still present.
I printed this off for a tester, but was dissatisfied with the results- when folded, the two oxfam logos are uncentral, and to ammend this, the web address would be unaligned, and therefore wouldn't look very consitent with my poster design...


Thus, I removed the logo on the back fold section, and was much happier with the results when printed, a far more subtle and sophisticated design.


In attempts to ammend the issue of the black lines appearing come print, I coloured the lines with the same pantone colour as the newsprint swatch, as I had used in my other designs, therefore, come print, being unoticeable.


And here, my final design- with the newsprint pantone background colour, and full mailing address, ready for print, and then to have been sent by tuesday/wednesday, to be delivered to my tutors by friday morning, on the concluding day of this project brief.




For my reversable-side fold-out poster, I obviously wanted to keep my design continious to my mail shot design, therefore, I decided to promote a sample few beneficary gifts that would be available for purchase from the 'oxfam unwrapped' site.
"Goat Couple: £50.00 Here's the "buy one, get two for twice the price" offer." was undoubtedly my favourite example on the site and I thought that the double vector design composition of the goats would symbolise the fact that the gift is shared, loving and unselfish.



I went on to design other elements of the gift selection and developed my original hand-rendered illustrations, including fresh water, chickens, and essential medicines- centre aligning for a bold composition with consistency in colour and my style of design.


Again, like my mail shot, I concluded by adding the newsprint background colour, and I am really pleased with how much of a visual affect this has given- the colours seem a lot less offensively bold as they were on the white, and I am sure that the texture of printing on the newsprint paper will just make it all the better!


The final element of my 'No News Is Good News' task three project: the A4 newsprint mailing list to accompany my mailshot designs- each with a specific address on to companies or individuals of whom may share an interest or services relative to my chosen theme of beneficiary gift donates in third-world countires.


The final part of this 'No News Is Good News: Message and Delivery' project- my arrived mailshot.

So pleased that it arrive efficiently and on time to the University for the project hand-in on Friday morning, if a little battered, bruised and grubby! Thank you Royal Mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment