Friday 24 September 2010

my "to-do" list...


Today, we were set the task of making a list of ten things we wish to achieve this year throughout our Graphic Design studies. After a lot of thought and consideration, these are my top-ten "must do" points:


  • To become more open with experimentation, try out new techniques- using both traditional and computer-based methods.

  • Gain a comfortable and confident knowledge of computer software, to the extent where I use it as a "second nature".

  • Learn how to use Adobe illustrator to a moderate-high level.

  • Experiment with different typographies- practice new methods and styles whenever possible.

  • Maintain my love for illustration, and always carry a sketchbook with me to capture any flashes of inspiration I may have.

  • Research the history of graphic design- and consider practice into traditional techniques and crafts.

  • Indulge and overload with as much information as possible in regards to contemporary graphic design- read magazines, watch art programmes- go OTT!

  • Consider the idea of playing around with animation again (from first executing a short animation in college) in illustrative format.

  • Develop my writing skills- both with the help of my 'creative writing' elective, and through personal development in my own time.

  • Improve on my photographic skills- work with new models, and explore new editing possibilities.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment